source link Shoulder Shrugs
see Target Muscle: Trapezius [Traps]
buy Seroquel online from canada Description:
Shoulder shrugs is one of the staple isolation exercises that you can do to train your upper back, i.e. Traps. This move targets the trapezius muscles in an anatomically correct manner which leads to bulky upper back. Moving the weight in the natural range of motion results in increase in strength as well as micro damage in the tissues to help you build new muscles. Start off with lighter weights and aim to perfect the motion, then slowly and steadily stack up the weights to keep the hypertrophy going.
How to do Shoulder Shrugs:
- Stand upright with your feet at shoulder width, you can keep a slight bend in the knees if needed.
- Grab a dumbbell in both hands and keep your arms at the side of your body.
- Keep your shoulders down as your starting position.
- Raise your shoulders up as much as possible, while squeezing your traps.
- Hold the squeeze at the top and then bring your shoulders down slowly.
- Repeat in a controlled manner.
Shoulder Shurgs Dos:
- Maintain an upright posture throughout the exercise
- Keep your chest out.
- Keep your arms close to your body .
- Keep the movement controlled.
- Squeeze the traps hard in every rep.
Shoulder Shrugs Don’ts:
- Do not go too heavy so that your form stays intact.
- Do not rush into the movement, Keep it slow to increase the tension on the muscle.
- Do not move your lower back, keep it stable.
- Do not let your feet stay loose, have a firm foothold.
Coming to the sets and reps, for a beginner, we would recommend starting off with one set of as many reps as possible and build your way up to increase your strength and muscularity. Training frequency and duration varies from person to person depending upon your body type and fitness goals. To get your customized workout and diet plan, go to our training section.